Frequently asked questions
How does an organization start a Workplace Giving campaign?
It’s easy! Just follow United Way’s step-by-step process:
- Quickly and easily register your place of business on our workplace registration form.
- Share your custom online giving link with your employees.
- Explore our online Workplace Giving Toolkit for fun ways to inspire your team to give!
When’s the right time of year to run a campaign?
- Spring (Mar-May) – recommended for organizations operating on a fiscal year.
- Fall (Sep-Nov) – recommended for organizations operating on a calendar year.
How long should a campaign last?
- Workplace Giving campaigns are most successful in a two-week window.
- Provides a greater sense of urgency for your employees and leadership
- Allows for a more focused and effective effort by your internal staff
What’s the best way for employees to donate?
- United Way’s online e-Pledge system is easy to use for all organizations and is our preferred method to receive, track and support employee donations.
- Paper pledges are still available, and we are happy to support this method. Please know, however, paper pledges typically delay deductions and reporting.
Can employees make one-time donations?
- Yes! Employees may sign up for either monthly donations or one-time gifts.
- United Way recommends employees sign up for monthly donations – it’s the most effective way to help nonprofits plan, grow, and fulfill their missions.
Can corporate gifts and company matches be made through Workplace Campaigns?
- Yes! CEOs and/or Executive Teams can make corporate gifts or set up corporate matches as part of their company’s campaign.
Are donations made through a Workplace Giving campaign tax deductible?
- Yes! Workplace Giving donations are tax deductible.