Over the past five years, more than 800 United Way of the Wine Country workplace campaigns have raised $11.3MM in support of vital community-based programs and services
TURN DOLLARS INTO CHANGE
Every year, thousands of employees in Sonoma, Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt and Del Norte counties turn dollars into change through United Way’s Workplace Giving. By signing up to make regular payroll donations through United Way of the Wine Country, employees and coworkers collectively raise more money and, in turn, amplify their support of local nonprofits.
NO GUESSING. JUST GIVING.
United Way’s Workplace Giving works. Whether designated to a specific local nonprofit or to United Way’s Community Fund, monthly donations help local nonprofits fulfill their urgent missions. In addition to supporting local programs, United Way’s Community Fund also responds to emergency needs, including natural disasters and economic downturns.
GOOD FOR THE COMMUNITY AND YOUR ORGANIZATION
Running a successful United Way Workplace Campaign helps achieve several important goals around Corporate Social Responsibility:
• Boosts staff engagement and morale
• Develops leadership and cultivates collaboration
• Attracts and retains talented employees
• Enhances your organization’s overall profile
United Way makes it easy to support organizations that are making a real difference in our shared communities!
To learn more about Workplace Giving, contact United Way’s Director of Workplace Giving, Mindy Wright at (707) 528.4485 x115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions
It’s easy! Just follow United Way’s step-by-step process:
- Quickly and easily register your place of business on our workplace registration form.
- Share your custom online giving link with your employees.
- Explore our online Workplace Giving Toolkit for fun ways to inspire your team to give!
- Spring (Mar-May) – recommended for organizations operating on a fiscal year.
- Fall (Sep-Nov) – recommended for organizations operating on a calendar year.
- Workplace Giving campaigns are most successful in a two-week window.
- Provides a greater sense of urgency for your employees and leadership
- Allows for a more focused and effective effort by your internal staff
- United Way’s online e-Pledge system is easy to use for all organizations and is our preferred method to receive, track and support employee donations.
- Paper pledges are still available, and we are happy to support this method. Please know, however, paper pledges typically delay deductions and reporting.
- Yes! Employees may sign up for either monthly donations or one-time gifts.
- United Way recommends employees sign up for monthly donations – it’s the most effective way to help nonprofits plan, grow, and fulfill their missions.
- Yes! CEOs and/or Executive Teams can make corporate gifts or set up corporate matches as part of their company’s campaign.
- Yes! Workplace Giving donations are tax deductible.